Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Student Reflection - Cristy Ramirez


I had no idea what to really expect going to Australia. However, one of the first things we did which left an impression was going to the Hyde Park Barracks. I have always been fascinated by the history of convicts that were sent to Australia. This last standing place which many people called home was very well kept and the phone tour did a great job in explaining the history. Of course, my favorite part was dressing up like a convict and as a woman from that time on the second floor of the building. It was a great experience to get to lay on the hammocks which hundreds of people called their beds. One major detail I noticed in the museum which really intrigued me was how the Conditional Pardon, which was displayed, used very similar language to that which courts still use in their motions, pleadings, etc. It left an impression because it is awesome to think so much has changed from the past but even so the legal system still keeps its originality. I could keep writing but I will save it for my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment